Thursday, May 10, 2007

is it weird?

is it weird that i watched a mediocre (by critical standards) movie on the weekend and that the film nudged me towards the impulse of leaving my day job?

i can't say that the film made me re-evaluate. if anything it just brought to the surface ideas that were already rampant in my head.

i'm telling myself to stay in this day job and use my goof off time to put my creative ideas into place.

today i've been writing a short film. it's such a simple short that i want to shoot it very soon.

i'm practically ready to get a dv cam and go at it this weekend.

i've found a nugget of young writers on the web. young bloggers. they've made their mark by getting published in small press and ezines and online lit journals.

i'm thinking of starting a film club here in Vegas.
i'm thinking of starting a lit journal/ezine specifically for Vegas locals.
i'm thinking of making a series of short films about a single theme.

i'm thinking i can't be at a desk anymore.
but the damn plus and minus of math and finances is finally starting to balance out.

so the desk is like the X in my monetary algebra equation. i'm strapped to it for now. while my creative spirit wanders to all elsewhere.

No comments:

Followers